Monday, October 26, 2015

Reunion of the "Dream Team"

October 26, 2015

So:) Guess who is sitting next to me right now? Hna Marsh. Yup. 😀 We thought we'd never serve together again when she went to the islands and then we knew it was too good to be true when we got to serve together again there, but hey guys! We're together again!!! Hahah yay for the millionth surprise reunion of the "dream team" (President Jackson's words not mine).

Honestly I've been thinking of how I was going to describe this week the whole week. This week was...interesting? Enlightening? Let's just say that by Saturday, I had learned a lot of things about myself and about helping others that I should have known and been doing a long time ago. This week we...

Had interviews with President. Jeez I love this man. And Hna Pack. They're just the greatest. I looooved President and Hna Jackson and the Packs just strengthen my knowledge that Presidents are called for the missionaries. I'm so grateful for every chance I get to receive President Pack's instruction. The first thing he talked about in the interview was elevating others. My district is very young, I guess everyone is pretty young in the mission when you get to where I'm at. But the ward has loved having hermanas, but in the process they kinda have pushed the elders to the side a few times. So we talked about the importance of elevating them and also my companion. She is wonderful and such a great missionary.  So it was a great interview and my comp and I had a great talk afterwards in the ways we can help and strengthen one another.

An incredible lesson. With "S.", a member, and her nonmember husband. We were under the impression that he's received the lessons before, so we went in with our guns blazing to make him feel the spirit and boy I know he did. "S." was crying at the end, I was crying, and Hna Cheret was crying. I know his heart Spanish heart was softened. It kills me to talk with "S.", her parents and siblings are all sealed to their families for the eternities and she knows exactly what she's missing out on and it kills her. I want to help this wonderful woman so badly. We'll see what happens. Please pray that "R.'s" heart will be soften. "S." and her children need this.

A lunch appointment with the bishop. First missionaries to enter his house in 9 years is what the ward mission leader told us. So two claps for us!

Last story. We were out contacting last night and we start to the old Spanish man. He had been involved with that really bad train crash that happened two year ago ( the one Elder Ward was in) and his wife had died in the accident. We got talking about it and we were pretty good buddies and then we we offered that hope that he could be with his wife again. He just shook his head and said no. Some people don't get it, I think. This man was different he understood exactly what we were offering him. And he refused so I started pleading with him. "Please 'A.', this is why I'm here!" He was fine chatting with us, but when offered the hope that he could be with his wife again, his
weary heart couldn't even take that opportunity. I love these people, but sometimes I just want to shake them! I know that we will be with our loved ones again. I know that there is life after death and that the sealing power is real. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love, Hna Finch
















No comments:

Post a Comment