Monday, October 12, 2015

What a Great Week!

October 12, 2015

What a great week! First off....HAAPPPPY BIRTHDAAAY MOM! You looked beautiful in the pictures you sent and I am so grateful to have you as my mom. There is no one better I could have asked for. 

Second, I love the temple. What an incredible experience to be able to accompany someone through the temple. I felt like I was seeing it all again with new eyes. I am so, so grateful for the blessings of the temple and the knowledge that we can gain there. I will admit, I am so excited to be able to attend the temple more than just once every so often. I love the temple. Annnnd I got to see Elder and Hermana Waite (my grandparents here)! It was so good to see them again after being in the islands for so long! 

We met the ward! They are great! And we're besties with the bishop - which I am really grateful for since we had such a great relationship with our bishop in Los Cristianos. I think I've had at least 2 hours in total talking to the bishop this week on the phone, so it was super great to meet him in person this week! And oh! Can I just say how much I already love this ward? They are so....Spanish! Lemme explain. Blunt. And I love it. I think it surprised my companion a little, she came from a ward with mostly Latinos (Latinos - at least the ones here - are very nice and sweet and not blunt). I loved all the eyebrow raising and the all the input and commentaries in relief society. Oh I love these people! 

As for new friends we've been meeting here, can I just say wow? Ok, I know that the Lord is blessing us so much with opening this area for sisters. We had two of our new friends come to church yesterday, which was completely the Lord, because we've never taught either of them! The they were both really good street contacts we had and both accepted our invitation to come to church, but they actually come too! I think it was given to us so that the ward could gain confidence in us right off the bat. We've also got a bunch of potentials that will be awesome, a bunch from part member families. It was actually pretty funny to be in ward council yesterday and it was the "cool" thing to say that a member of your family was going to be taught by the sisters or that you had a reference for the sisters. Haha. Literally I loved it. Such a blessing. We have so much help. I did feel a little guilty for the elders, they are such troopers and honestly have helped us sooo much. I am so grateful we've got such great elders here! 

I'm so sorry, I'm so spacey this week! It really was a great week and Toledo is awesome. I know this is definitely what I needed at this point in my mission. It is forcing me out of my comfort zone and into being s better person. Speaking of which. I started ponderize-ing this week (before our mission president asked us to😉) and wow! It really is helping me. D&C 10:4 talks about being diligent, but in our diligence not beating ourselves up. I am loving it. During the hard moments I always think on it and see the ways I can apply it. I'd invite you all to try it as well. I love you all so much! Thank you for the support! I love you! 

Love, Hermana Finch

Zone Conference:


Hna Marsh:

Hna Cheret:

At the temple with a member taking out her endowments:



I'm still living off cereal and crackers and cheese, thank you six months to sexy. I did not follow through...

No comments:

Post a Comment