Monday, October 19, 2015

Welcome To A Wonderful Week In Toledo!

October 19, 2015

Okaaaay so welcome to a wonderful week in Toledo! The seasons are changing! And it's gorgeous! And rainy.....I remember all the Spaniards telling me when I first got out the they were sick and
they'd always blame it on the weather. I thought they were crazy. While I don't know the reason, I've got a cold, so either I've been Spaniardized or the were right... Ha.


We've figured out the way to get into a Spaniards heart. English classes....gospel, nope. But you say free English and they all come running. Then we sneakily plant seeds of the gospel in their hearts
until they start asking us questions. For example "J. C.". He loves family history. He never knew how much he was gonna get in to family history when he first started coming to English class. Or
"M.". Yeah "M." you can say "you're a pill" with your Spanish accent all you want but we are gonna get to yo!  Better yet, the Spirit's gonna get you.


Also we had a modern day miracle! "A."! We were out in the street last weekish and I was talking on the phone as we were running to a lesson. We passed this guy and I was like wait, we need to talk to him, he'd accept the gospel. So I asked the people we were talking to if I could call them back and sat down right next to him. He was waiting for his bus and didn't really want to give us his number, but we got it out of him and he had to run. He couldn't meet with us during the week cause he literally works ever hour we work and lives in a little town far away, but he free day was Sunday, so he came to church and yesterday we were able to meet with him and he is super prepared. He's got a baptismal date for the 30th of November and is very interested in repentance. Sin really does cause such a burden in our lives, but that can all be remitted through the Atonement. I love testifying. I literally get chills every time I am able to say "I know my Redeemer lives."


We're working with quite a few members and their part member families. But nobody's making the progress we're waiting to see yet. But we did have the Bishop and also one of the elders tell us that a new spirit has come into the ward since we've been here. It's time for Toledo.


Also the Waite's came down to Toledo today! Yay! We were able to go out to lunch with the and the elders and one of our friends, 18 year old Nina from Maryland. She's here working as an au pair, her parents are from Germany so she also speaks German and she's just incredible. I think it was so good for her to meet the elders as well as the matrimonio couples today. To feel of their spirit and realize the work we're doing. I loooved visiting with Hna Waite as well, our souls just get along. And Elder Waite was so sweet to all of us. They had extended their mission until April, but due to family needs they're going home in December again, so hopefully you guys (family) will get to meet them if they come down! Fingers crossed!  Ok, I love you all so much! I am loving Toledo, the members here are
great. Seriously I think we've gotten more lunch invitations here than any other area. And the ward really is growing. They just need a little pick me up. I love the mission and am so grateful to be here.
Love, Hna Finch






Trying to get my eyes awake in studies.

And Javier's birthday (we went to the temple with his wife Miriam, and he's not a member but
we're working on it!)


Just our gangsta coats (just kidding, not ours). 

Oh and a member in our ward works at the American Embassy and got us American food. 


Lunch with the Waite's and missionaries and Nina. 


 We went to the Alcazar today, our view. Tell me I have the most beautiful area in Spain. I know!




No comments:

Post a Comment