Monday, October 5, 2015

A Quick Email

October 5, 2015

Hola mi familia😄 Les quiero!!! I actually don't have much time today since we're not having pday today, we're just sending off a quick email to let you know we're alive while we watch the last session of conference. So why aren't we having pday today? Cause we're going to the temple!!!  On Friday! We've got a wonderful member here who is going to receive her endowment and asked us to accompany her. Her name is Miriam. We met her our first night here at a FHE and we're actually
going to start teaching her husband who isn't a member. The step to take out her endowment is really going to help him progress in the gospel. I loved Elder Nelsons's talk yesterday, I really thought it
was perfect for her and also another woman we have in our ward whose husband isn't a member yet. The power of women really is incredible. And speaking of women. Thank you Mom. Elder Holland's talk is for you. I love you!


Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to Pavones to see conference. I loved it. The most special part was seeing Izabela, my miracle. She sat with me in the English session of conference and as she watched the prophet and apostles walk at the end of the session she said "Oh, I just love them so much." As she sat by me she also told me of how she's working on person progress, attended church while on vacations, is planning to go to BYU, and attended EFY. Oh, I love her. She truly is my miracle that keeps on giving. And while filling her in on my life she said: "Oh I already know. Your mom's told me." Thank you Mom. Conversion truly is a family effort. Thank you for taking care of her while I was in the islands.


What else...um Toledo?! This city is gorgeous. I'm so grateful to be here and to be with my companion. I thought contacting all day everyday was really going to test me....and it is. I still don't like rejection...at all. But I have felt Heavenly Father strengthening me and giving me hope and happiness while we contact. I do so enjoy visiting with people. Especially my companion. Hna Cheret is from Idaho Falls, is 19 years old, and loves musicals too! Hehe. We're pretty broke right now so we've been living on cereal...yum😋 I'm so fine with that. Reminds me of all the times dad had to feed us and we either got pizza or heated up spaghetti-o's, or more frequently...CEREAL! Yum! Haha!


I'm so grateful to be here. I love you all! I hope you enjoyed conference! I looooved the talk of Larry R. Lawrence. I don't know what it's called, but he talked about what we still lack. I know I still lack so much, that's never been more obvious to me than now, but I love how he said that it's one thing at a time and invited us to ask the Lord "What lack I yet?" I've got mine. Do you have your's? I love you all! Have a wonderful week! Thank you for your prayers!


Love, Hna Finch










No comments:

Post a Comment