Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cool Story Bro

June 29, 2015

Wanna hear a cool story? So this week we were walking along the street and a car drives past us and the guy inside hollers at us and smiles. Bleh...that kinda thing happens all the time and it usually isn't anything good. So we kept walking and crossed the street and a few minutes later this same car pulls up next to us and the guy inside shouts "Hermanas! I'm so glad I found you! I knew it was you guys, not because of the skirts, but because I saw that." *Pointing to the Book of Mormon*
What??? Yay! We had even been praying to witness a miracle in relation to the Book of Mormon the last couple days and then he found us. Well he is called "J." and he's actually met with hermanas before, but he left and he didn't know how to get back in touch with the hermanas so when he saw us walking he got super excited. 

We also had another miracle this week. Monday...we decided that we were too tired to go shopping....soooo we didn't have any food for the week, except all the food that every other hermana has left in the piso. And guess what?! It totally lasted! We had to make a quick stop one day and buy watermelon and eggs, which basically consisted of our complete diet aside from pasta, BUT the Lord provides for his missionaries! We got McDonald's, we got pizza given to us, the Lord loves us. Small and simple miracles, people! 

Also English class. English class is great. We've been teaching the conversation part of English class (conversation class consists of us chatting with how many ever people come, hehe relief society work, right?) and this week we had one of our students come, who is a regular and she was talking with Hna Santiago and asking Hna Santiago all sorts of questions about the gospel. Hna Santiago basically taught her the whole first and second lesson, what a machine. Meanwhile, I was chatting with "L.", from northern Spain, and we became besties. Things always lead to gospel conversations and soon enough she was telling me why she doesn't believe in God. (Her mom, grandma, and grandpa all passed away within 3 months.) So I was able to share with her some of the reasons why I came out on my mission and show her pics of Grandma Schmutz and testify of the Plan of Salvation. She said she's coming back this week. We decided she's gonna come visit me after the mission. Thanks for having horses Dad! It's a real selling point for people to come visit, cause apparently visiting me isn't good enough! ;) haha

All in all, it was definitely a week of growth. We had some lows, but those are the moments we grow the most and I can't wait to look back and see how much this week forced me to change and grow.

Well, that's it for now folks! Love you!
XOXO, Hna Finch


My special treat for being a year old!
 

My new bestie, yep island life;)

 She got a half, I got a half. Started this monster on Wednesday and I've still got to finish it!


So the cliffs that Wesley climbs up in Princess Bride are in my area! This was the view out of a menos activa's window. Yeah I'm jealous.



 

We went fishing with the elders in the sea today. Tell dad that I caught the first fish and that I kept up with the elders. We caught a totally of four fish and I caught two of them. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment