Monday, June 22, 2015

Broken Bus Doors

June 22, 2015

What a beautiful week! Sometimes I dislike writing these cause I never know what to write. Basically there's just too much I want to say and not nearly enough time or room for me to say it all. But I think I'll be happy just talking about our weekend.

We started out on Saturday morning in study having a very spiritual experience when we were practicing the first vision. I'm so grateful for the companion I have and how easy it is for us to talk and communicate with one another. Starting the day out with such an experience, we left the house really knowing that we are representatives of the Lord. We carried that spirit with us all day and then to end the night we had interviews with President. He and Hna Jackson are finishing up their missions next week and have been doing a little tour of the mission and saying goodbye. It was great to have the time to talk with him.  At the end of the interview he gave me a hug and just said something about how my much father loves me. My Heavenly Father and my earthly Father. It was so nice to have a daddy hug. I cannot wait for my next hug from my dad. 

Our Sunday was also super special. Using President's words from Saturday night "you have the most unique area in our mission". You know how people use unique when talking about somebody who's just a little crazy or difficult? Yep. Our area is really spread out and takes a chunk out of our day to travel. Which is not good in missionary work. But the travel is necessary, even if we do have to use a lot of time in between getting from place to place to visit people. Anyways, Sunday, we went to San Isidro, which is one of the furthest towns we visit, about 35-40 minutes away, if you catch the bus right in time. We had a bunch of less actives we needed to visit and not. one. could. see. us. 1.30-2.30 hours lost in travel. ¿Enserio? After we left the doorway of our last less active, I may have stomped my foot and said "But I know we needed to come out here today!"

Anyway, we went to the bus stop to wait for our bus and low and behold a man who had been on the same bus to San Isidro came to get onto our bus. So we started talking to him and we were able to answer a lot of questions he had about the church. While we were riding the bus, Hna Santiago looked down to her hands, where she had a Book of Mormon in English. 
Her: "Do you have one in Spanish?"
Me: "No, just Italian for "M."!  (Yeah I know, English BoM and Italian BoM, but not the one we needed!)
Her: "I´m gonna give him the English BoM."
Me: "He doesn't even know English!" 
So we ended up feeling the same way. The English BoM was not for our new friend and he ended up getting his number and promising him a BoM later this week. We left the bus thoroughly confused. Got off the bus, visited someone and after that lesson got back on the bus to go to our next lesson. 

When we arrived at our destination (Los Cristianos) we walked to the door and the bus driver couldn't get them to open! It was only us and another lady and the bus driver on the bus and no matter what button he pushed to try to get them to open they wouldn't open. The woman started speaking up and said that she was about to miss her bus and still the doors wouldn't open. Her bus left and finally the doors opened. She was a little sad about missing her bus, but she was really quite fine and was like "It's fine, I'll just catch the next." 

Introducing "P.": The little lady from the bus. She's from England and actually lived her for 20 years, but in the end moved back to England. She comes to Los Cristianos about 8 times a year. 
We got talking with her and she said that she needed to come back to church. We invited her to ours. She told us about a friend in England who's a little sad. We said we could send missionaries to her. We read Moroni's promise with her in English. She loved it. We knew the reason why we had saved our English Book of Mormon. When we left her she was already reading the Book of Mormon!

I love the mission. Really this time is precious and I am so grateful for all I have learned and felt. It seems so odd that I'm hitting one year in the mission this week. It's an accomplishment to have a year on the mission, but I would feel a lot better about it if I were an Elder and still had a year left. But I'm excited for the time I still have to learn and change and grow. I love you all!

Love, Hna Finch

President and Sister Jackson


Ipads:) Yay



Eating dinner at "L's", it was a little large and he didn't have a woman so we ate it outside of his house. Half in table, half out. Hehehe


This is love!


 Walking to those members houses we ate at last week. More pics:) 


The view from their window. Did I mention that we saw dolphins when we were eating at their house? And the tide pools where he got our food for lunch.


Our lunch. Suuuuper fresh!
  

Don´t be crabby;)


Going to Monkey Park last Monday. My pals. Also a little monkey jumped on my head at the end, but by then my camera was already dead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment