Thursday, September 4, 2014

Another Friend!

Sept 4, 2014

So glad when I opened my (Rachel) email a couple of days ago and found a wonderful email from a Senior Hermana Missionary in Spain who knows McKenna.  Here is what she said:

My name is Elizabeth Waite, and I am a senior missionary in Spain.  Your daughter, the younger Sister Finch, and I picked up our visas from the Spanish consulate in Utah at the same time.  We arrived in Madrid just a week before her.  We are working in the Madrid Temple and live in the same building as the MTC. That gave us the opportunity to see her many times while she was here.  She is such a delight, as you well know.  I just adore her. A couple of weeks ago we made a trip to Alcala and ran into her and her companion.  She was so happy and excited about the work.  Alcala is the most charming little town, and she was really enjoying being there.  She just glows with goodness, excitement, and enthusiasm. Her companion was darling and they seemed to really enjoy each other.  I tried to call you to give you a report, but was unable to reach you.  Just know that she is happy, healthy, and a glowing example of a righteous womanhood.  You must be so proud of her.  I don't have her email address, and would love to keep in touch with her, and know when she is coming into Madrid to attend the temple.  If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I would appreciate it.  If there is ever anything I can do for you in regards to your darling daughter, just let me know.


 And, Spain is awesome!  It is modern and has most of the comforts of home.  Public transportation is fantastic. Great doctors available. Good food abundant. It is a very safe country, and she couldn't be in a better place.  Thanks for the info, and I'll keep in touch.

And then this today!:

I just happened to run into McKenna today. She is in Madrid for zone conference. I gave her your hug and a few of mine. She looks wonderful and is happy as can be. She is really fired up. She said that her brother was looking for some missionary advice, and I should tell him he needs to give the missionary lessons for FHE. That's the best advice she can give. She sends her love back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment