Monday, May 25, 2015

I'm off.....to the ISLANDS!!!!

May 25, 2015


Well Dad should be pretty pumped, I got an email him from last week where he was saying he was hoping I go to the islands. Well, Dad, your prayers got answered, hope you feel good;) 

I'm off to the island of Tenerife, which is the biggest island of the Canary Islands. I will be serving in Los Cristianos, which area encompasses all of the south of the island, which everybody has been telling me is pretty desert-y. I'm excited to be leaving Madrid, but I really don't know how much I want to. Madrid is my home and now I won't get to attend the temple, pero bueno! My new companion is Hna Santiago, she is two transfers younger than me and is great! She's from Texas and despite the last name she is very much American. Haha. But she is my first companion from the USA who is not from Utah. Adventure time!
This week was great! The branch here is incredible and I will really miss everybody. It was too sad to say goodbye to our last family last night. I actually didn't think I would be this sad to leave, but wow. It's kinda tearing me up inside. Hna Berry will be area training Hna Whiting here in Alcorcón, and I know she's gonna be great. Hna Whiting will be a great companion for her. Hna Whiting entered into the field with me, but will be staying one transfer longer since she came in with the natives (Yeah she already spoke Spanish, lucky dog). 

Well I got to go catch an airplane! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!

According to Wikipedia, Tenerife is the largest and most populated of the Canary Islands. It is 785 square miles in size.  There are a total of 7 main islands with several smaller ones.  It is about 186 miles from the coast of Africa and the highest elevation in Spain is found on this island due ot Mount Teide which is 3,718 feet above sea level.  It's main industry is tourism, it has 2 airports, and 1 university - University of La Laguna which was founded in 1792 and is the oldest of the universities on the Canaries.  Average temps run from 71-80 degrees Fahrenheit through out the year.  (I think she is going to like it!)




These pics were posted on FB from a member.  Thank you!  



Found these next two off of facebook :)


And this one came from her previous companions blog - Hna Marsh!

No comments:

Post a Comment