Monday, February 2, 2015

Week of Miracles!

February 2, 2015

This week...was a week of miracles. And I know that every week we see miracles, but this week was a week of miracles in the way of: the miracles were basically walking up to us in neon colored shorts and smacking us on the face. Just wow!

FIRST MIRACLE: I had a hard time leaving Alcalá.  I was ready for something new, and I'm on a new adventure!  Haha BUT here´s what I learned!:

In Alcalá there was a member who was just incredible, basically like a mom to me and she just sent out her son to Ogden (keep an eye out for Elder Serano, peeps!) anyway. We had a few good cries together. She fed us the best food every week and then when I got my call to come to Alcorcón I told her and she told me that her mom lives in Alcorcón. "Yes! A definite in!" I thought. So I get here and I tell my companion and try to describe this member´s mom and she´s like "I´ve been here for 3 months and our branch is small. I have never seen anybody who fits that discription." What? Anyway, we got a ward list. Found Susi´s mom and went to her house. In the portal of the building we met Susi´s mom and her sister (who hasn´t been to church in 7 or 14 years (I know it´s one of the two I just can´t remember which one.)  So her sister set up an appointment to eat with us this week. And Susi´s mom fed us the next day. While she was feeding us she told us that she´s super sick so she hasn´t been able to attend for a while and that the afternoon we came she had said a prayer about how she felt forgotten and then that afternoon we showed up! Wow!

I know the Lord definitely had a part in this. Having Susi´s sister be there too so that we can help her. Coming the exact day her mom had been feeling forgotten. Serving in Alcorcón right after Alcalá so I could help this family. Wow. So many feelings.

SECOND MIRACLE: "P".  He met the sisters 3 transfers ago (a transfer is 6 weeks, do the math) and was never able to meet with them. Then last transfer he shows up to church. TWICE. The second Sunday they set up a meeting to meet with him and then I come in. Well anyways he is great and this week we were teaching the Plan of Salvation and invited him to be baptized on a certain date this month. He asked us if it could be earlier......"¿Mas temprano, pudiera ser?" COULD IT BE EARLIER?! Whhhhat?! Uhhh....Yes!!!!!
Then we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well this week and at the end of the lesson we asked if he had any question, comments, or concerns. And he asked if there was a specific order to the lessons we teach. "It´s just, I´d really like to learn more about the Holy Ghost. I´ve been struggling with some feelings of loneliness and would like to know more about the comforter." Ummmm wow. He is so ready. So incredible. So we told him of course and also showed him how to use the guide to the scriptures for him to find the answers for himself. I love "P"!

THIRD MIRACLE: We found another menos activa who won´t let the missionaries into her house, but we set up another appointment to see her this week and we are going to be making cake...IN HER HOUSE! 

FOURTH MIRACLE: I had intercambios this week with Hna Spencer from Idaho. Annnnd I only got lost once! Pretty good for it only being my second week in Alcorcón! 

FIFTH MIRACLE: It´s also Hna Spencer´s second week in the mission field and it always amazes me to see people at the beginning of their missions not understanding or speaking anything. I marvel because that´s were I was. And now I can understand. Sooo weird!

BILLIONTH MIRACLE: Just this week. I loved this week. Working so hard. Having a great companion. Doing intercambios. Having a sleepover with a church movie and popcorn. Just everything. The mission is a miracle. I love this work. I love this gospel and I love YOU!


5 Questions:

1.  How often are you able to go to the temple.
     Technically once  a transfer, but I've only gone twice in my time in the field. :( Buuut we´re going to the temple next week! HALLELUJAH!

2.  When you go is it in English and then you wear headsets to translate into Spanish or the other way around?
     It´s in Spanish, but I just listen to it in Spanish. It´s a pain to wear the headsets and I can pretty much understand everything :D

3.  When was the last time you got your hair cut, how much was it and how often do you go?
     Last time I got my hair cut was last month. I just couldn't go any longer! My hair was so nasty! So I got it cut for like 20 Euros (about $22) and that is the only time I've gone. Everybody always has horror stories of cutting their hair on the mish, but I actually really like mine!

4.  What is your favorite food right now?
     Favorite food right now.....hmmmm right now I could really go for some papa de guan quiení. It´s this type of food from Peru that´s suuuper yummy! I´m not really sure how to spell it, but you should try making it! Also we´re totally making Spanish tortillas when I get home! Yum!

5.  What made you smile this week?
     This week we had miracles. Seriously. miracles dropped like manna from the heavens. I´m gonna write a big long story about this in my email. So I´m just gonna wait to answer this one.


Right before our sleep over last night. We hurried and planned for the next day and then used the rest of the time to watch our movie and paint our nails and eat popcorn. Girls night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment