Monday, December 8, 2014

Back To Short Emails!

December 8, 2014

Soooo let´s be honest....I have a terrible memory and it´s a new transfer so I forgot my old transfer at our piso and my trusty reliable Hermana Fowers is gone so I can´t borrow her sticky note of what she´s writing to her family this week...

Well, I guess first things first! A tribute to Herman Fowers. Cause she is gone :( Like gone for good. She´s leaving to go back home to Utah tomorrow.  How weird is that? My companion´s going home! She was such a great companion and we had so many great experiences together and I´m so grateful for the mission bringing together people like it does. 

Speaking of bringing people together. My new companion is......Hermana Chavarria!!!! If you think that´s an unusual last name you would be right. She´s from Bolivia, but has lived in Spain since she was 10 so she´s got a legit Spain accent. There´s a tiny bit of a language and cultural difference, but she´s got such great desires and I am so excited to have her as my companion! Wow! I just can´t get over it!

This week was awesome! We´ve got a really great investigator J.....he´s totally getting baptized. We also had M., another investigator come with her husband to church. She started working interna (basically living at home with old people taking care of them 24/7) and wasn´t able to meet with us much. But we pulled the Hna Fowers is leaving and we want to meet with you one last time card and when we were there we finally got to meet her husband as well. He is....AWESOME! He agreed to come to church yesterday and she´d been a little flojo about it, but once he was in she was in with both feet. Yeeeeees! So hopefully we´ll be making some more progress with them!

Also I love you all. So much. I´m so grateful for your examples and love. There´s a new Christmas video you guys have all probably seen, but it´s a huge movement the Church is trying to do. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas discovering the gift, accepting the gift, and sharing the gift. I love you!  Here is the site:  http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529

Five Questions:

1.  Do you have a goal set for this week?  Tell me about it!
     Ummmm I don´t have a goal for this week.....I´m a terrible missionary....but I´ll make one for next week!

2.  Do you study one topic for a week in companion study or a different topic each day?
     President gave us the challenge to read the whole book of Mormon by Christmas so I do that for 30 minutes (it´s a little harder when it´s in Spanish;)) and then I study for what ever we´re teaching our investigators that day. Looking up scriptures, studying the chapter, etc. I want to make lesson plans for each lesson and then modify them for each investigator so I think I´m gonna start on that this week.

3.  How do you decide what to study for companion study?
     In companion study we call people and we decide what we´re gonna study based off what we´re teaching our investigators that week. We actually just made a new lesson! It´s super cool! I´ll show you when I get home! 

4.  What is your favorite scripture currently?
     My favorite scripture is 1 Nephi 11:17 because I don´t know all things but I do know that God loves his children!

5.  How do you do your laundry?
     We have a washer and then we have drying racks for our clothes in a little room off the kitchen. 

The last email I received was forwarded from the dear sister who has a missionary son but isn't a member herself!  I love her!  Not sure who the other sister is in between McKenna and her companion.  That girl of ours!  But she sure is happy!  










No comments:

Post a Comment