Monday, November 9, 2015

The Last Package

November 9, 2015


Hey hey hey! Family! I love you guys! This was a great week! A loooot of down time......but a lot of soul searching...so good. Let's see, well first off Hna Cheret was sick all day Saturday and Sunday...
I've never had so much down time in my whole mission. I was so BORED! For the first time in my mission you know what I willingly did? Exercises. Not in exercise time. Yeah. I know. I was surprised too. But I had all this pent up energy and I was just going crazy. In the bulletin this week they announced that President is gonna be doing some random piso checks. Our piso is set. So clean and organized. I even cleaned up my package. It usually takes me like months to clean those up. 

In other news the things we did accomplish this week: We finally met the nonmember wife of a member here! He's been telling us we would meet her this whole transfer and I finally got sick of it and we headed out to his house with some cookies on a day he said we possibly could meet annnnnd his wife was sick..... BUT I think it made him feel so bad that we had traveled out to his pueblo that he finally gave a real date we could meet with her and not just a maybe. So we finally met her on Friday and she is just the cutest thing ever. So sweet and so believing. She's a doctor and is currently working on getting certified as a nurse health practitioner (I think that's the translation) and is three months pregnant so she's very busy, but oh so sweet. Her husband really wants to be sealed with her and I think she's just so tired of hearing it from him so it'll be good for her to hear it from someone else. 

This next week is gonna be great. We have a lot of potentials that just need a little shove to get them moving in the right direction. And we are so ready to shove them. It's time to get these people moving! We also have the most fabulous ward mission leader ever. Do I talk about him every time? His name is Josué Sánchez  and he is so incredible. I won't be surprised if he's a mission president or area 70 one day. He is such a power house and I'm so grateful we have the opportunity to work with him. He truly wants to magnify his calling and not only has the desires, but also the plans in place to make it happen.

 I love all of you. I love this work. I am constantly amazed every time I look back to how much I knew about the gospel and where I am now. I know that Thomas S. Monson is led and inspired of God. I know the brethren are inspired. I'm so grateful for the atonement of Christ, for every chance we're given to change and better ourselves. I love you all. Have a glorious week! (Yes. David Archuleta is now playing in my head.) 

Love, Hna Finch

Hna McKenna received her last package!  It was based on President Hinckley's talk "10 gifts to bring home from your mission".  Yay for dependable postal service between 2 countries!


1.  A knowledge of and love for God our Eternal Father and His Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - a temple name holder. 

2.  A knowledge and love for the scriptures, the word of God - her favorite scripture markers.

3.  An increased love for parents - Hersey's Hugs and Kisses.


4.  A love for the people among whom they labor - no picture but it was CTR rings in Spanish and come cute bookmarks saying I Am A Child Of God - again in Spanish

5.  An appreciation for hard work - deoderant - hehe!

 6.  The assurance that the inspiration of the Holy Spirit is available to each of us when we live for it - Cox's Honey - the Spirit is sweet and stick to it!



7.  An understanding of the importance of team work - gloves for her and her companion. 

8.  The value of personal virtue - a necklace with her initial on it, a gemstone in her favorite color - blue, and a little silver pine cone for reminding her that great growth comes after the fire.  

9.  The faith to act - socks with the music to Faith in Every Footstep.


10.  The humility to pray - lifesavers - again no pic, but here is the final setup.  I also sent Reese's Pieces - her favorite, some homemade grape jelly, the memorials to the Apostles who have recently died which were in the Ensign, and a CD of the EFY music for 2015.

Then this picture came with no caption, she must have made breakfast!

 The root beer and Dr Pepper our bishop and his son in law left for us. Cuties!

Then - I think I have a problem....

No comments:

Post a Comment