Monday, November 23, 2015

Last Temple Trip

November 23, 2015

Buenas! Good morning! Once again I'm sitting on a bus writing my email this week. Today we're off to Alcorcón to visit a families and recent converts waiting there. Wanna hear one of the best parts of our adventure? Hna Berry and Hna Marsh with their companions will be coming along with us! The trio will be reunited! We're all very excited to visit all our loved ones again.

This week I almost spent more time out of my area than inside it! Let me explain.  Wednesday we had the temple, but seeing as the temple is two hours away and we had to be there at 7:30 and there's no bus that leaves early enough to get us there on time we had to travel Tuesday night to get to Hna Berry's area and we got to spend the night with her and the three other hermanas living in the B8 piso. What great hermanas! Then we left Wednesday morning, got to go through the temple (I loooove the temple. I love the Madrid temple. I love the spirit there. I love learning there.) Then during the day Wednesday and Thursday morning I went on exchanges with Hna Marsh.  Then all day Thursday we had conferences since Elder Dykes and Elder Craig Christensen with their wives were in the area. The first meeting we had was just a meeting for missionaries and then we had one later that was members and missionaries. Soooo good! The we stayed the night with Hna Berry again and came home Friday morning. Needless to say I was sooo glad to come home.

We had a wonderful moment this week teaching "C.", our little friend. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and after using some pictures and trying to explain how the atonement is free, but we have to take some steps, he had his 'ahah' moment. He looked at the pictures and then looked up and was like 'Oh! I get it now! It's all free! He died because He loves us! But we have to choose to take the steps back to him!' Yes! His grandma and we were all super happy for him. I love that kid!

The temple was beautiful and....slightly heartbreaking. It hurt to think that I won't be coming back to my Madrid temple for a while.

The conferences were great, I learned so much and love feeling the love the general authorities have for us. Whenever people talk about missionaries and how important missionary work is, I can't help but feel so grateful to be a part of the greatest team that has ever had a cause. I think think the lessons I learned before and after the conferences had just as big of impact on me as the conferences themselves. I got to see "I." and "A." again. I love those girls. I saw so many people from my old areas, I just loved their faces and catching up on their lives. Some of my teachers, the Gorginos, from the MTC came up to me and told me how nice it was to see me interacting with members. I learned from them first how to interact with members and it was definitely taken home with Hna Fowers. I really have had some great teachers here. I saw my 'grandma' in the mission too.

Hna Pack shared a story about a time in her mission when she just wanted to know if she was doing a good job, so she prayed to know and afterwards had a spiritual experience where it was confirmed to her. I think the feelings and thoughts that tell us that we aren't doing enough plague us all and as she told her story, I immediately offered a prayer. I wanted to know the same. After the conference, one hermana (one of Jamie Cooper's young women) came up to me and paid me a very dear compliment. The words she said were my answer. The Lord is so kind to me.

President Lovell told me now in my mission I just need to pause every once In a while and take a breath and look around, really savor my mission. I've been doing it, but for some reason I always start to tear up every time!

I love you all. I love my Savior. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to improve my understanding of His atonement. The mission is the springboard for the rest of my life. This truly is an incredible
opportunity. I love you! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Hna Finch











Haha, I laughed today when I saw this one that Hna McKenna sent.  I think she's on to something here!   

No comments:

Post a Comment