Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015!

January 5, 2015

Happpppy 2015!!!!!!!!! Wooooo! Celebrating the New Year was so much fun this year! Like the most fun I have ever had celebrating a new year. In Spain they have a tradition of gathering around a big clock in Madrid and every time the clock strikes they eat a grape so you have to scarf down 12 grapes as fast as you can. Seeing how Hna Chavarria has grown up most of her life here we had to celebrate the new year with grapes. So we recorded on our phone ourselves going "dun. dun. dun." Then at 10:30 we scarfed down our own grapes and also combined it with the traditions of the States and banged our pots and pans and ate cheese. 

So this week was a week of miracles. Well every week on the mission is a week of miracles, but for me a couple special ones happened this week. 

1. Wednesday during medio dia I picked up the phone and called one of my favorite sisters in the mission. We started talking and I found out that she had just gotten out of a district meeting and she´s just having a few difficulties with her companion´s reluctance to work and was feeling pretty down when I called. Her companion doesn't speak any English and she was just needing to speak to an American girl. (Haha just realized that - American girl...Mom, I hope you get this;) ) I don´t really know why I called her, but during that district meeting she said she had been praying for someone to talk to. So miracle one!

2. I. She is the miracle that just keeps giving and giving. After the classes of English the Elders were talking about Mormons and she shot over to them "Well I´m gonna be one pretty soon too" Um YES! Also we had a lesson on baptism and confirmation with her parents yesterday and they gave her written consent for her baptism!!!!!!! YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am so excited! This is happening!

3. Saturday we had two lessons on temple and family history work with our investigators. I don't know. Personally I think that temple and family history work is the lesson where I can feel the Spirit the strongest. I know  that  when we promise our investigators that their ancestors are right there with them, cheering them on every time they come to church, or read, or pray, is not an empty promise. Because that means that their ancestors are one step closer to having their own works performed. I know that they are there with us, helping us touch the hearts of their children´s children. Oh it is incredible. I would invite all of you to seriously start on your own genealogy today! If you think yours is finished start indexing! It really is the other half of missionary work.

CPdE: Sooo the crazy person of Spain this week is dedicated to all those lovely crazies on the streets talking to themselves. That´s right old men. We see you. We see you have your intense conversations to who knows who and waving your arms frantically all over the place. This week we seemed to see a few too many of you all everywhere sooo enjoy your dedication!

I love you all! And hope that you have a wonderful year! And just cause I can: I will be seeing you this year! Ah! Weird! Love you!!!!!!!

5 Questions:

1.  Aside from Skyping with your family and your Christmas morning with your companions - what was your favorite part of Christmas?
     Ummmmmm that´s really hard. That honestly was the best part of Christmas and the only part I can really remember. Ummm afterwards we tried to go caroling with our ward, but just ended up watching a movie and playing chubby bunny soo that was pretty fun!

2.  Do you do a lot of service in your area?  What have you done?
     We definitely don´t do as much service as I would like, but once President said that we are doing the greatest service there is right now-bringing the gospel to people! But in terms of material service we've brought blankets to an unwed mothers center, cleaned the basement of an apartment building, carried groceries, and that kinda stuff:)

3.  What is music like in church?  Does everyone sing?  How does it sound?  Have you had to help with music?
     The music in church sound awesome. Everybody sings super loud - I love it! I haven´t had to help with the music in this ward cause I have no skills playing the piano:( But I´m working on that! My piano playing has definitely improved on my mission! And our ward is well established so you've got the good old Mormons who have raised their children in the church to be musically inclined and directs and play and sing and everything. 

4.  Do you go to the same ward every week or do you visit several?
     We go to the same ward every week. There´s only one in our area so we attend it with out investigators every week:)

5.  What is the food you miss most from home?
     The food I miss the most from home is orange julius right now and anything that is not dripped with oil and food that actually does have seasonings. Also brown sugar. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment