Monday, November 17, 2014

A Miracle Email

November 17, 2014

Again Hermana McKenna forwarded her companions emails to her home.  She did add one from just her and so she has been forgiven!  I really do appreciate Hermana Fowers' emails.  They give a little different light than what McKenna writes:)

Hermana Fowers Email:
Mom! Look at how sweet this is! We totally met this woman C. a few weeks ago in Carrefour and she ​stopped us and was tell us all about how her son is on a mission, but she´s not a member. (See last week's blog post).  Anywho we visited her and her son just emailed us and oh! I knew we were the answer to his prayer but this just confirms it! Please pray for C. and A. This is some seriously important missionary work!

C's missionary son's email:
Thank you sisters, you have been an answer to my prayers. Since the beginning of my mission, I have prayed really hard for my family to have their hearts soften to eventually hear the message of The Gospel, and you have been a God-sent miracle for my life, and for the lives of my parents. I must confess, I write you this, and I don't really want to creep you out but just thank you for your sweet spirit and for your good hearts, I am like my mother, I am really crazy and without any kind of embarrassment. I have been praying for you two, talking with Him and pleading that he was gonna pour out His spirit and be with you while teaching them, I don't know anything about the lesson but thank you because the appointment with them went great, they feel a lot of affection and love for you too. I am REALLY thankful to the Lord and that you were worthy to attend His call. And I am really thankful to know your names, I love you, as your brother, and you must know that I will be praying for you both by name every day.

I have plenty more to say, but everything will end the same way:

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING MY LIFE EVEN MORE! :)

If there is anything I can do for you both, please, contact me! ( I will give you information of my family and I will cooperate to get them baptized muahahaha :) )

Have a beautiful and a wonderful week, keep the good work and keep blessing our brothers and sisters lives :)

Elder G. C.

Hermana McKenna's email:

Hola family and friends!
What a week! This week we saw many miracles mainly in the way with members. Honestly members are so awesome! They´re the one people that can´t reject you on your mission! With all the rain we've had people didn't really want to stop and talk to us this week so we made a real effort to try to get some member references. It was so cool to see the different ways that the members were more inclined to do missionary work. It´s been wonderful to see the way that they´ve been coming to trust us! The C. family gave us references of members who may have references for us or who were really in need of a little upliftment. (They are so awesome! One of their daughters was starting to teach at the MTC as I was leaving and their dad knows Hna Fower´s boyfriend´s dad and was companions with her uncle; so yeah they love us;)). 

P., who just got baptized with the sisters in Torrejón (I met her on intercambios and we hit it off so every time there´s a big stake thingy we always find each other.) gave us several references of friends she has in Alcalá when she came to visit us. One of the menos activos we starting visiting is planning with us a sneaky way we can start teaching her boyfriend. And many members offered and invited us over with investigators to their homes for Family Home Evenings. I love the members! 

CPoE: Sooooo Hna Fowers basically got proposed to by one of our investigators this week. He wanted to take her to his house. Needless to say....we had to drop him. She´s a little disappointed and shocked, she thought he had some real potential......Bahahhahahahaha!!!!!!

Another email from Hermana Fowers:
Want to know what the best sacrament meeting of the year is?!  The primary program... :)  It was so perfect... I was tearing up, and I don´t cry very easily. The theme was families can be together forever and kids are just so darn cute. One of my favorite songs they sang was ´Armies of Helaman´ for the chorus they turned ot the audience and had us sing too ´we will be the Lord´s missionaries´... it was killing me. Loved it so much.

We had quite a few rainy mornings this week. and we made a new tactic (because when there is rain... people don´t really like to stop and talk ...) so we made a few big batches of cookies and have made a new focus on working with members.

It was really cool to see the different ways the Spirit works on the different members to help us with the missionary work. I've thought a lot about how different missionaries have different approaches and strengths with the work... and this week we saw that in the members as well. Some members were all excited about starting an FHE in their home where we could invite investigators, menos activos and such... other members would go through the ward list - giving us members that we could stop by:some that maybe needed a little extra help, or would have some friends, some members gave us the number of their friends, and some helped us out of the cold and gave us some hot chocolate. 
I really like this ward... it was really cool to be more part of the ward and see them work in their own ways according to their own strengths. Anyway... we were really guided by the Lord this week... haha I feel like you have to be when it is always raining and there is no one really on the streets.

One really cool thing this week: we were meeting with a member that is starting to come back to church... we were teaching the plan of salvation and it was really sweet to see her true intention to come back. We started talking a lot about the temple... she got really quiet-really reflective and then said "I miss going to the temple... I want to go back, and I don´t want to go alone- I want to be sealed with my husband"  Her husband isn't currently a member... so we are working on that. but the Spirit is so strong in that house. incredible. true intent at its finest.

Now back to Hermana McKenna!
Soo Alcalá is pretty much da bomb and has crazy events happening all the time. The play on the stage is Don Juan performed.   

This was a marching band competition that we stumbled upon the other day.  Sweet!


From last week:  C. and A. and their fabulous feast! Really though it was pro!




Another one from last week:  P., one of our investigators, whose parents are from China, but he was raised in India then he moved to Canada and then Germany and now Spain, but his family´s living in Austria. Whew! And some of the BYU students that help us out!:)

We went to go see the Crypts today! It´s under the huge chapel that´s across from the palace in the heart of Madrid today! Crazy stuff!




A. (aka Garrett´s future wife) (don´t tell him yet) but honestly she is the cutest little thing ever annnnd she speaks english annnnnd she wants to go on a mission! Annnnd she helps us in lessons! I love her! (It was halloween)

C., one of the members of Azuqueca. She´s going to be serving a mission in England and is just so sweet!



One of our investigators (well actually she´s grown up as a member cause she´s pretty sure she was baptized when she was 8 in Peru, but they don´t have the records of it so we have to teach her all the lessons and baptize her again. Talk about awkward.....yeah she´s not to pleased with it) with her pet rooster. 

Some members teaching us how to make basically mushed corn and then putting it back in the shell to cook.  (Kind of like a tamale, but not really)

So this is B. and you can´t tell by her face, buuuut she loves us! ;) She´s a young woman the young women´s president asked us to visit and we´ve been working on personal progress with her. We also brought her some churros and chocolate the other day cause she just broke up with her boyfriend.

Our rain tent.....it´s been raining a lot....I´m not too big of a fan of it honestly. Sooooo grateful my call was to Spain and not the United Kingdoms!!!!!!!!​

The first counselor and his wife. They are so amazing! And so is their daughter F.!

 Also Hna Johns and I made cake in a mug!

  


Your adorable grateful leaves and advent calendar are hanging up!



No comments:

Post a Comment