Thursday, July 24, 2014

Another Week in the CCM

July 24th, 2014

Dearest Family and Friends,
Yes! Success! Kinda… So yesterday Hmna M. told me that she had woke up in the middle of the night and I was speaking Spanish. Like 3 words…but still! Speaking Spanish in my sleep?! 2 claps for me! This means I must be having Spanish dreams. Which means I must be learning the langage. At least some part of me is learning – a part that only manifests itself when I am unconscious I guess... Hahaha!! BUT, point is – some part of me is learning Spanish! Woohoo!!!

For seriousness though I really have learned so much since coming to the CCM. I had kinda just imagined the language would come super easily becaused I was completely immersed in the Spanish culture here. (I mean I´m eating jamón for goodness sake!) But it didn´t. It is taking a LOT of hardwork and study and the best teachers I could ever ask for.

Besides all the language I am learning so much about myself and the gospel. And I still have so much more to do before I reach the place where I want to be. I love 1 Nephi 11:17 (It´s the greatest scripture when you don´t have an answer to other´s or your questions – absolutely perfect missionary scripture!) “…I know that He loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.” Absolutely perfect.

I love this great work I am involved in and am so grateful to have a hand in it, just like all you wonderful people at home and serving! I love your letters! It´s so lovely to get new of how you all are! I love you!!!!
Love,
Hmna Finch

Elder Glover and I took a selfie with the other misionaries for our parents. The pictures of me talking with people are on our Park Proselytizing days. Pay close attention to the picture of my park companion and I when I´m in my red skirt and she´s in a black one. The guy was being really friendly on the train so we got his contact info when we got off. Anyway he was drunk and had handed my companion his beer can to hold while we got his info! Hahahahaha! Whoops! Guess he really needed us ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment